|picture of margarine from naturalmatters.net|
There are several types of margarine on the market, as follows:
1). table margarine
Table margarine consist of:
a. Soft margarine tube, with the following characteristics:
- Temperature emulsion tube soft margarine about 95 – 105 oF (35 to 40.6 oC)
- Form of soft and can still smeared at temperatures 5 - 10 °C
- The product is too soft, therefore, wrapped in a plastic tube or plastic cup that is equipped with adhesive cover.
b. Stick margarine, with characteristics as follows:
- Temperature emulsion stick margarine adjusted and regulated under the body temperature at 100-105 oF (37.8 to 40.6 oC)
- Can be smeared at temperatures 20 – 25 oC
- More rigid than white butter (shortening)
2) Industrial margarine
Margarine industry is designed for bakery and pastry industry. Made from vegetable oils that have been purified. Applications recommended for biscuits, cake industry and bakery. Slightly louder than table margarine. industrial margarine used for bread and cake mix. Margarine industry should be stored in a dry and cold or a temperature of about 30 oC.
3) Puff pastry margarine
Very different to the table margarine and Industrial margarine The function of puff pastry as protective between the layers of cake batter.