Faculty of Agriculture, Ain Shams University is one of Egypt’s most distinguished agricultural institutions with over 50 years of experience in education, research, and extension activities. It played an important role in the generation of new knowledge through research and other creative work, and in the preparation of thousands of mature scholars for Egypt, Arab world and African countries.
The Faculty includes academic staff members graduated from virtually every major university in North America, Europe and Japan, and many professors have served on the faculties of universities around the world. Among the faculty members are fellows of a number of the world most important academies and members of the most prestigious scientific associations.
The faculty of agriculture, Ain Shams University also was founded in 1942 as a higher agriculture academic institute in Shbin Elkom.
During 50 years it moved from shbin Elkom in 1954 to a new place in the Elkoba Republic Palace. The faculty is now located, since 1963, in the area of Shobra Elkhema next to the Mohammed Ali Palace. This location represents a unique site where the fertile Nile Delta in the northern side and Cairo in the south side. This site gives a message that the faculty plays an important historical role in resuming the Egyptian agricultural civilization between the past and the future.
The Faculty’s vision is to become a distinguished research and guidance educational institution with a dynamic nature that is capable of fulfilling Egyptian and regional agriculture requirements.
The Faculty is seeking to appoint qualified cadres with respect to knowledge, skills and personality and is committed to sustain excellence in the creation and dissemination of agricultural research applications supporting wise management of resources. The faculty is also concerned with supporting issues of environment and local and regional communities through specialized guiding and training consultations along with the programs it offers.
1. Developing academic programs and curricula to meet the 21st century modern society requirements.
2. Adopting educational programs and curricula which enhance student skills and practical experience to prepare them to enter the labor market and continue their self -learning.
3. Using IT to create an electronically automated faculty for developing education, research, and community service.
4. Applying a Quality Assurance Program to improve rates of performance in education, research and community service in order for the college and its academic programs to be accredited.
5. Developing scientific research strategy related to industry and end user needs to fulfill society requirements.
6. Establishing research groups with integrated specializations, potentials and resources in college, university, research centers, and other universities.
7. Supporting local and international cooperation to improve education and scientific research systems.
1. Restructuring the faculty and staff to better contribute to achieving faculty mission.
2. Promote strong academic environment conducive to teaching and learning and improving job environment for staff and administration.
3. Providing the country with graduates capable of meeting local and regional market needs through distinct undergraduate and graduate programs.
4. Enhancing faculty and staff potentials in teaching and learning , scientific research and community service through specialized training programs.
5. Developing the infrastructure of scientific research and graduate study.
6. Enhancing the quality of scientific research to confirm the identity of FA- ASU as a scientific and cultural research center.
7. Provide strong commitment to community development and adhering to local community needs.
8. Application to quality assurance standards in education for continuous faculty activity development.