People around the world depend on agriculture and the hard work of farmers for their most basic needs.
With global population expected to grow substantially in the next few decades, agriculture will need to become more productive and more sustainable in order to keep pace with rapidly increasing demands.
Sustainable agriculture means the practice of growing food, fiber, feed and fuel in systems that meet the needs of both the present and future generations. Sustainable agriculture emphasizes production and marketing practices that are profitable, environmentally sound, and that improve the quality of life for farmers, farm workers and the community. Sustainable agriculture is at the core of Fresh Grow International. It has been partnering with private and local farmers to support the country's food self-sufficiency.
Its cooperation with farmers includes giving them seedlings in an advanced state to help avoid crop failure, hybrid seedlings that have greater natural resistance to disease and are suitable for local soils but have higher yields, guarantee of buyback price for fruit, interest-free capital loans to buy necessary equipment, training on improved farming techniques and supervision for ongoing assistance during the farming process.
The farmers will later give the company farming and dedication to growing a successful crop as well as an exclusive buyback of crop.
“Sustainable agriculture means an integrated system of plant and animal production practices having a site-specific application that over the long term will:
- Satisfy human food and fiber needs.
- Enhance environmental quality and the natural resource base upon which the agricultural economy depends.
- Make the most efficient use of nonrenewable resources and on-farm resources and integrate, where appropriate, natural biological cycles and controls.
- Sustain the economic viability of farm operations.
- Enhance the quality of life for farmers and society as a whole.”
As a result, farmers are happy because they can get higher yields, increase their farm's productivity, experience less crop failure and the ability to buy materials due to interest-free capital loans. They also get guaranteed buyback, which means they know what return they will get on their crop instead of the uncertainty of a market rate.
The overriding theme at Fresh Grow International is keeping products in their most natural state, with as little interference as possible. It is about growing and harvesting food exactly as nature intended -- fresh and tasty. From field to table purity, quality and simply the best taste.
The company focuses on empowering large- and small-scale farmers to produce more from their land while conserving more of the world's natural resources such as water and energy. It also committed to developing the processes that enable farmers to produce more crops while conserving more of the natural resources that are essential to their success.
The primary goals of sustainable agriculture include:
- Providing a more profitable farm income
- Promoting environmental stewardship, including:
- Protecting and improving soil quality
- Reducing dependence on non-renewable resources, such as fuel and synthetic fertilizers and pesticides, and
- Minimizing adverse impacts on safety, wildlife, water quality and other environmental resource
- Promoting stable, prosperous farm families and communities”
Fresh Grow International does this with its leading seed sources and by providing advanced plant management, so that its farming partners receive seedlings in an advanced state of growth that removes the risk of crop failure and ensures a sustainable quality for harvested crops.
Sustainable agriculture systems rely on building healthy soils and crops, enhancing biodiversity, and minimizing the use of non-renewable resources.